Tuesday 12 February 2013

Sometimes I make cakes too!

And so while I'm busy working very hard on my second children's book to be published by Strata Books (all shall be revealed!!), I thought I'd let you take a sneak peak at my second biggest passion..... cakes!

Baking AND eating them, of course!

Every body loves the Toy Story aliens! Made for my Dads birthday, and they were apple & cinnamon flavour.

Here was a 30cm Hen night cake with hand-dyed and handmade flowers, which only just fit inside my oven!


Here is my three tier blueberry, vanilla and beetroot cake for the Queens Jubilee celebration.
It was a little over the top and really was best to eat the layers separately but it was all good fun!

This cake was for my boyfriends 24th pirate themed surprise party, so of course I made a Kraken!








My Zerg cake from Starcraft II went down a treat at work for my boyfriends birthday, with a star shaped sparkler to boot!
I hope these might have inspired you to get creative in your kitchen! 
If I can do it so can you, so get baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment